1. Testicular insufficiency (no testicular disease without testicular, cryptorchidism) with testosterone as a replacement therapy, can promote the development of the penis and secondary sexual characteristics. If combined with chorionic gonadotropin for the treatment of cryptorchidism, the testicles can be lowered from the hidden area.
2. Functional uterine bleeding mainly through the anti-estrogen effect of uterine muscle fibers and uterine vasoconstriction, endometrial atrophy and play a hemostatic effect, especially suitable for menopause.
3. Metastatic breast cancer and ovarian cancer The application of testosterone can often relieve symptoms temporarily. The principle of action is unknown. It may be related to its antiestrogenic effect. It may also inhibit the secretion of pituitary gonadotropin by feedback, thereby reducing the secretion of estrogen from the ovaries. The use of androgen therapy in uterine fibroids often inhibits the growth of fibroids, which may also be related to its antiestrogens.
4. Aplastic anemia in the treatment of aplastic anemia and other causes of anemia, may improve bone marrow hematopoietic function, especially red blood cell production, but the effect is very slow. The treatment lasts for 5-6 months. Some cases may relapse after stopping the drug, but the recovery treatment can still be alleviated.
5. Weakness disorders include postoperative or long-term consumptive chronic diseases, senile osteoporosis and long-term or large-scale application of glucocorticoids, all of which can be treated with anabolic hormones to correct negative nitrogen balance and increase appetite. Subjective feelings improve and accelerate the recovery of the body.